The name of this organisation shall be: The Savannah Cat Club of Great Britain - The SCCGB
The purpose of this club shall be:
- To sponsor and promote the welfare of all breeds of cats, including household pets (mixed breeds);
- To sponsor cat shows and special programs and otherwise promote the interest in and knowledge of all domestic cats;
- To cultivate friendship among and promote the interest of the owners, fanciers, and breeders of cats;
- To encourage breeding toward the good breeding Standards and encourage the registration of cats into suitable organisations;
- To promote and encourage kindness to all animals and to assist in the prevention of cruelty and maltreatment of animals;
- To encourage the spaying and neutering of any and all cats not specifically being used as part of a viable breeding program in order to reduce the excessive trend to the over-population of, and tragedy among, unwanted domestic cats.
Persons interested in the purposes of this club are eligible for membership under the conditions set forth in the by-laws
This club shall be affiliated with a carefully selected Affiliation.
Only members of the club who are in good standing shall be eligible to serve as officers of this club.
This club is open to all members worldwide agreeing to abide by the SCCGB Code of Ethics.
The SCCGB club may adopt and amend by-laws as agreed by its Committee Board Members.